XPro-1 maybe not for legacy glass, leica users

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim King
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,735Gear list
Like?
Re: XPro-1 maybe not for legacy glass, leica users
In reply to obv, Feb 27, 2013

obv wrote:

I find this thread useful. I own an X100 -- which made me fall in love with Fuji gear -- one Leica lens with a film Leica body and I am currently wondering if I should consider an X-Pro 1 or X-E1 to get an affordable digital body for my Leica lens. By the contributions to this thread, it looks like there is a fair amount of people who are also interested in this topic. There is actual useful content and it's clearly not intended as a troll. I don't see any good reason why this shouldn't be discussed here.

I have a number of Leica lenses and IMO the mid to long focal length ones work well on my X-E1.  The wider ones show some edge blurring; these work better on my Ricoh GXW Mount M, which has offset microlenses to deal with the steeper angle of incidence of the exit beam from such lenses.

I really like the X-E1; its size is similar to a Barnack Leica.  It's a camera Leica should have built.

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow