Started Feb 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
7800 Sheet Fed 4" top boarder?
Feb 27, 2013

I'm working with an Epson 7800 and have been have been having a couple issues. I've been loading 13x19 paper from the top (portrait layout... 13" wide). When I set it on top and press the pause button to load, it loads fine. But then when it prints, it advances the paper 4" before printing (leaving a 4" white boarder at the top). In the past when I worked with these printers I'm nearly certain I was able to get a 0.5" boarder (maybe 1") at the top and about a 1" boarder at the bottom. I couldn't figure out what the problem is so one of the things I tried was lifting the handle and manually loading the paper. Doing so the printer just fed the paper all the way through until it said "paper out." That was even more confusing.

HELP!!!

Things worth noting/things I've tried:

• Running on Mac OS X, but I've tried from two computers one 10.6.8 one either running Lion or Mountain Lion
  • Both computers connected over a network
  • Tried printing from Lightroom 4 and from Photoshop CS5 (no RIP)
  • The printer is set to sheet mode (on the printer itself) and the page layout is set to A3+ (I also tried a custom 13x19 size)
  • After coming home I though maybe I should have tried horizontal (though in the past I haven't done that until 20x24" sizes) but I did not try that... 
  • This is in a share teaching lab so it's possible someone could have mucked up a setting somewhere on the printer. But one of the computers I tested on was my own laptop with a freshly installed driver.
-- hide signature --

\~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow