eddyshoots
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Wow Sammy
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Feb 27, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

eddyshoots wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Today the norm is increasingly you buy the game, a short one, then have to pay more for DLC (down Loadable Content).

A hugely profitable model that is completely ignored by Nikon and the other camera manufacturers.

An idiotic model that burns your customer base and trades long term profitability for short term profit.

One possible future...not the only one: One day some manufacturer is going to make a camera that requires you to pay to unlock the next 1000 shots or so. Fee will start off small and get ridiculous. Old timers that don't burst shoot will say it's perfectly reasonable and shout everyone who shoots differently down as "pray and sprayers". Meanwhile this will slowly kill the camera market altogether as "low end" phone camera manufacturers won't all adopt the model. Pro cameras will no longer be affordable by enthusiasts. If things go this way a lot of the "big name" camera manufacturers will eventually fall.

Even as I wrote my DLC suggestion I was pondering how it might be abused by Nikon. I didn't come close you your nightmare scenario. You should write horror screen plays.

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ManyNew
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow