*********Challenge 162- The Moon in the Landscape ***********

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob in Baltimore
Regular MemberPosts: 420Gear list
Like?
Re: *********Challenge 162- Ends in One Week ... on March 4 ***********
In reply to Bob in Baltimore, Feb 27, 2013

Heads up! This challenge ends in just under one week on Monday March 4, 2013 at the exact time the Moon reaches third quarter. ;=) That would be March 4 at 2153 UT (Monday at 4:53 PM in the Eastern US). If you are time zone challenged, forgiveness will be available.

The entries so far have included many shots that I would never have thought of when I defined the contest. That is great! This is a very creative group of photographers. One of the challenges of art is to respond to restrictions in a creative way, and you have done so.

I decided not to comment on the shots as they come in, as some have recently done. While that gives some nice feedback, I thought it might restrict the ideas that folks decide to submit. I have to admit that my bias is towards photos that do not blow the Moon out, but there are several examples where really great images resulted from the willingness to do that. I was also tickled that one person indicated that the context for their shot was Jupiter. And there was humor as well. Keep it up!

Last night almost 150 people showed up at the Netherlands Carillon, near the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, Virginia, USA, to photograph the full Moon rising above the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the U.S Capitol. Hopefully some of those pictures will show up here. (I advertised the opportunity among those within earshot.)

Keep 'em coming!

-- hide signature --

Bob in Baltimore

Bob in Baltimore's gear list:Bob in Baltimore's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow