Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ezra R
Senior MemberPosts: 2,270Gear list
Like?
X100S - arrived from Japan.!
Feb 26, 2013

Hi all. I had a pre-order at Amazon, but managed to get a friend to bring back an X100S from Japan today. I will not do a lengthy review of the camera, as the web is already full of them. Also no images of the camera itself because it truly looks identical to the X100 except for minor tweaks... and, oh yes, that "S" on it.
I took about 15 photos on my walk from my office in midtown NYC to my train station (Grand Central Terminal). These are all quick grabs -- I did NOT spend the time needed to compose, etc as I normally would.  SOOC JPEGs; no post-processing: full set on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezra36/sets/72157632869297786/
The photos were all taken with no flash, handheld, Auto WB (note: GCT has horrific lighting which needs time to fiddle with a good setting, really) etc. I have not used my old X100 in a long while as I sold it off many months ago. So, I need to get reacquainted... Im sure in time this will prove a formidable beast... Just a few below. See the Flickr set for more.
Oh - and yes - the AF is blazing fast compared to the latest firmware on X100. The 16MP Xtrans is delicious.
One more note - my main use of this camera will be candid portraits of friends and family. I rarely do these kind of walkabout photos, so for me at least, not the main 'test', so to speak. But, SOOC JPEGs are pleasing enough.   Much more to come....
EXIF info intact at Flickr...

Ezra R's gear list:Ezra R's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow