To iMac or not to iMac?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions thread
SwatOx
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: To iMac or not to iMac?
In reply to cvillephotography, Feb 26, 2013

Although I have used PCs off and on, I am primarily a Mac user, having both a Macbook Pro and an iMac. Both are 3-5 years old, so they don't have retina display -- but both are excellent for editing and viewing images.

Like any new device, there is a 'learning curve', but one of the great things about Mac's is that the same commands are the same no matter what program one uses. E., Command +F for 'find'. Of course, some programs will have specific commands, but the standardization is great.

I do most of my editing in my MacBook Pro: that's where I have Photoshop Elements and Aperture (and Lightroom!), and it all works seamlessly. (I don't use the iMac for two reasons: because of its age it has a small hard drive and it isn't portable.)

Mac is also incredibly helpful as long as your computer is under warranty. They will talk you through almost any problem in my experience.

Best of luck!

SwatOx's gear list:SwatOx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow