Is it worth contacting Sony to offer design tips?

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,353Gear list
Like?
Re: Fn button on 6 and 7?
In reply to MrTaikitso, Feb 26, 2013

MrTaikitso wrote:

Henry,

All very good points, many thanks.

I have spent the last 4 years and over £15,000 of my own money on trying to court a major mobile phone company to build a device we've designed, just getting in the door is hard enough!

May go do it ourselves!

For all the issues with the NEX, I do love the responsiveness and size. Much envy from DSRL toting family members the other day as I slipped mine out of a jacket pocket...

Alex

Hi Alex,

as long as you require support from the major mobile phone company (Mfgr) for your device, it will be very hard to gain an entrance into them, for many reasons.

If you can launch your device without support from the Mfgr, you better launch it yourself - most phone OS systems are nowadays open and flexible enough.

Funding is difficult, but see if you can get some local (sales/pre-sales) support. Nowadays, investors are very quick to pay attention to revenue, less so to novel ideas. Funding is still expensive and hard to come by. If you need a major investment to build your device, visit some of the UK based financiers.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow