in a world where money rules and personal service vanishes...

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrCrowley
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
in a world where money rules and personal service vanishes...
Feb 26, 2013

late last night I found a business web-site  that sells parts for my broken Manfrotto tripod....

It was real easy to locate and order the spare parts in a short time.This morning I've gotten two e-mail responses that because of the higher dollar value of the order they would not be able to ship to my P.O. box but needed a different address so they could send it out with a tracking number ..I contacted a friend in nearby Whitehorse, Yukon Territory  and got his mailing address for use here and mailed it back to this company located in the UK.I almost instantly got a confirmation message back plus a personal note as to what the weather would be like up in the Yukon (the guy on the other end quickly studied a map to see where the heck I was located) .... I responded on this rather friendly note and thanked them for their fast response altogether....minutes later I got the confirmation that the package was underway via Fedex, tracking No. and all for no extra charge whatsoever.... unreal.... I have my tripod up and going by this weekend.... according the the estimated time of arrival by Fedex.... This is unheard off fast and friendly service for me anyway.... wow.... I was already happy just to find this company on the net in the first place.... and speed of delivery was not a concern since I'm used to weeks or month long shipping etc... after all.. this is the Yukon and you can be happy it it gets here one of those days ... one reason why I have back-up for all my tools or items I find important (I do not own anything that is not important ;-))))  )
Anyway... this made my day! 
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow