Is it worth contacting Sony to offer design tips?

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,720Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it worth contacting Sony to offer design tips?
In reply to LifeIsAVerb, Feb 26, 2013

LifeIsAVerb wrote:

I'm no Apple fanboy, and i take your point re planned obsolescence of industrial, consumer items, but my iMac has been chugging along for eight years, a relative eternity for a personal computer.

But, yes, the processor is not upgradable, and i'm stuck with an operating system three generations older than the current one which will not run current software versions, so, alas, i'm being forced to upgrade.

To be honest I have a friend with a Powerbook that keeps running in a surprisingly good manner after many years, *except* for the magsafe PSU cable breaking through design.  I guess you know about this:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/10/class-action-lawsuit-forces-apple-to-replace-frayed-magsafe-power-cords/

Coax cable isn't designed to flex over a protracted period, this is well known and would have been known when they implemented it without having any proper stain-relief around the connector.  Also rather like all the 'sharp angles' on their mobile phone screens (no bezel around screen and that recess around the single button which inexplicably has an 'edge') causing stress points which fracture easily on any form of direct impact or pressure from coins/keys etc when in a pocket...   incompetence or deliberate?  Hum...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow