Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
howmanyds
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
Re: Is this the right amount of noise?
In reply to howmanyds, Feb 26, 2013

Thanks for the responses!  They've made a few things clear:

-- hide signature --

I need to try printing instead of on-screen viewing.  I never really thought about the ISO noise differences there.  On the one hand I will seldom print larger than 12x18 if that.  On the other hand, since most of the shots I take are of just my own family life, meant for viewing on our home slide shows, I do want them to look good onscreen.

--For occasions when I need to crank up the ISO, like First Communion or indoor Bday parties, I can change to RAW at that time.  (I usually shoot in JPEG)

--TrojMacReady, for the cropped shot I just opened the image in PS and viewed it at 100% and cropped a section off to upload here.  Sorry if I explained that poorly or incorrectly before.

Stflbn, Karl, and success100, I agree completely!  There's no fretting or obsessing here, just asking.  I spend the majority of my time thinking about how to become a better strobist (or one at all!).  This question comes from the 5% of my photographing thought process that is questioning the ISO merely to make sure that when I'm in the moment and need to make a quick decision on where to set my ISO, I can make an informed decision.

Thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow