Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
AllOtherNamesTaken
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,285
Like?
Re: D600 timer and Mup
In reply to clarnibass, Feb 26, 2013

clarnibass wrote:

AllOtherNamesTaken wrote:

The easiest way is use the timer, and also the mirror up delay feature. It flips the mirror up, waits a few seconds, then takes the picture, all automatically. This is an in-menu feature rather than something on the dial.

Thanks, I didn't realize the Mup has an automatic delay. I thought it just seperates my pressing the shutter... and I need to press again. It's because the delay is so long. No need and seems impossible to use both Mup and the timer... unless I'm missing something? Where in the menu is this option?

BTW the Mup itself is on the dial and the timer is too. Is the combination in the menu? I can't find anything in the manual. The only reason is to make the delay shorter (which I'd like to do if possible).

It is menu option d10 called "Exposure Delay Mode". It will flip the mirror up, then wait either 1, 2, or 3 seconds (whatever you specify) before it takes the picture. This is entirely separate from anything on the dials, and can be used in conjunction with remote or timer modes. Just make sure you turn it off before you go shooting any action haha :-).  I leave it in the "My Menu" for quick on/off access.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow