Best digital point & shoot for rock concert videos? Sound especially...

Started Dec 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
Derek Oregon
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
Re: Best digital point & shoot for rock concert videos? Sound especially...
In reply to Rose, Feb 26, 2013

Rose wrote:

I know this thread is old and I am in the same boat. I have an SD-890 and the audio is really good and I use it mostly for concert video. I bought the SX-260 on Saturday and went to hear a friend of mines band play that night at this club and the audio was horrible and I also used the SD-890 and it was good. I want HD and higher zoom with good audio and I don't know which model to get. I keep reading too about the Panasonic one but it's older and you can't get it. My boyfriend loved everything else about the SX-260 and the HD video was great compared to the SD-890 but the audio was bad. Someone said it's because my 890 has a mono mic. Just wondering klzwick if you found a good one that did good audio?

-- hide signature --

Rose

I wouldn't waste time trying to get good concert audio from a P&S camera, I would use a digital voice recorder separately from video and just sinc audio in post. You will get amazingly better audio and have some control over the sound levels.

Example of voice recorder

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow