Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Re: Not anymore
In reply to Mako2011, Feb 26, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

draacor wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

draacor wrote:

For not providing more regular updates to their firmware. One thing i would love to have is more than 3 bracketed shots available. This isn't something that is hardware dependent Give me 5 or better yet 9 bracketed shot ability.

Not a firmware issue...it's a business decision and feature issue. Nikon rarely adds features in firmware updates. It would be counterproductive to the business model just as MacDonald s doesn't add more nuggets to the 10 nugget meal to make it look more like the 20 nugget meal.

see i think its that way because people come to expect it not necessarily because that's how it should be. Look at video games, i can buy a 50 dollar video game that basically gets regular updates and improvements for at least a year down the road if not more.

Today the norm is increasingly you buy the game, a short one, then have to pay more for DLC (down Loadable Content).

Unless you are talking free to play games like Guild Wars 2  I do agree though its becoming less and less popular to come out with updates unless its paid DLC but like i said it doesnt mean its now justified.

But i buy a 1300 dollar camera and gets almost no updates to it even tho its possible. Reason being is people are conditioned to accept that that's the way it is instead of questioning this practice.

They always fix bugs with updates for free when they get fixed. Expecting free DLC for your camera to make it more like the higher priced model is like expecting Chevy to add 2 cylinders to your V6 to upgraded it to the V8 model for free. Chevy would soon go under...I think they did once

Well sure but that's not what I'm talking about, for instance i don't expect nikon to recall their d7000 and replace the AF with the newer one found on the D7100.  That is obvious.  But to make simple software adjustments that lets be honest should have been there in the first place, but Nikon deemed to hold it back because its obvious they want to include that in later models is just bad customer service.  Good companies tend to not nickel and dime you mainly because you can go elsewhere.  But cameras are different because they don't.  But that doesn't make it justified just because they don't offer this kind of service.

-- hide signature --

D7000
50mm 1.8D
18-105mm
55-200mm
10-24mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ManyNew
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow