Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DPReview007
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Nikon D600 vs. Canon 6D in Low Light?
Feb 26, 2013

Which one is better in low light please? Yes, I can go on DxO Mark and see that the Nikon is rated higher. Yes, I can go to the Conclusion page of the each review here on dpreview, and see that dpreview also thinks the Nikon is better a bit.

The problem is, when I go look at most other reviews and the sample images there. People say the 6D is maybe two full stops (!) better when you crank the ISO up above 3,200.

Could somebody please explain the discrepancy?

I bought the D600 plus the Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 lens. Now, after about 4,000 shots, I have all the smudges on the sensor. Considering returning it and buying the 6D instead (and keeping it until the 5D Mark IV comes out in a couple years) with the Canon 24-70 f2.8 Mark II (which is said to be superbly sharp across all focal lengths.)

Thank you!

DPReview007's gear list:DPReview007's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow