Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilt3
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
D.I.Y focus adjustment on SLT's
Feb 26, 2013

i'm looking at buying a camera to convert to infrared use. allthough i have a couple of spare bodies i could use, they are dslr's and i think the EVF on the slt's would be a real bonus for this use.
it would be nice to have acurate auto focus so the camera must be able to be adjusted.not a problem with the dslr's but a few problems with slt's.they don't all have the adjustment screws accessable (if at all !). there are a few i'm unshure of and would like to know before i buy.

a33 & a55  ; can both be adjusted but issues with the aperature on older sigma lenses ( like mine ! )

a37 & a57  ;  neither can be adjusted by the user ( as reported by rpenmanparker) have to be sent away , so no use to me.

a65 & a77 & a99 ; none of which i could afford to convert but the informtion might be of use to someone doing a search. i know that the a77 and a99 has micro focus adjustment , but is this enough for the differance in focus in infrared ?

a58 ; bit new for anyone to know ! and those that have one probably can't start dismantleing one to find out  

so that just leaves the a35...... anyone know if this one can be adjusted,as it seem's like the one i'll be getting ?

also regarding the a35 , can the effect settings for the viewfinder be switched of for if useing studio flash etc , like the later ones (but not the a33/55). what problems with sigma lenses ? i think sony put the aperature controll ring back to normal , so earlier sigmas are fine , and it's just an issue with some HSM lenses , that about right ?

thanks in advance,Neil.

by the way , as any new models come out it would be handy if people add to this thred for others future refrance.

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Canon EOS 5D +37 more
Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow