A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,955Gear list
Like?
Re: The general wisdom is...
In reply to secretworld, Feb 26, 2013

secretworld wrote:

Noise is a big word, yes you hear it focussing. Maybe that is why is seems a little slower too. But here in all situations I used it it was fine. Recently I compared the PL25 to the 20 and there isn´t much difference except the 5mm fov difference, which is a huge compliment for the 20mm. It was only a short shoot of a street view so don´t shoot me.

I don't have the lens, so I'm just reporting on what others say.  Anders W has some timed tests to the effect that the difference in focusing speed is very low.

In any event, there are many people who complain about the focusing noise and speed of this lens. Whether or not they are justified is another question.  Almost everyone seems to like the optical quality of the lens.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow