Intrigued by the DP2M

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
DavidinDenmark
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: Intrigued by the DP2M
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 26, 2013

I am wondering if the benefit to Foveon extends to more than just being able to print large. Do the "regular" size prints look better than other cameras

A 5 x 7 print made from a medium format negative is light years ahead of one made from a 35mm negative, yet the 5 x 7 print size is tiny. Would I get such differences with the DP2M compared to my X100?

It's interesting that you should mention this, because it's exactly what I've been wondering. It does seem to me that the DPxM will tend to appeal especially to those who grew up with film - as I did - since they will not see any problems with its so-called "deficiencies".

And, having made darkroom prints from every size film negative from 35mm to 10x8 inches, I too am wondering if the Foveon sensor has the same ability as a large negative to produce a higher-quality print even at smaller sizes.

I'm not that interested in making giant prints, but I am interested in making high-quality prints at more moderate sizes.

What I also don't know is, whether a digital print is capable of showing this difference.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow