Comprehensive review of Panasonic 35-100 F/2.8

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,597
Like?
Re: Thanks....
In reply to Lux Painter, Feb 26, 2013

Lux Painter wrote:

... and it looks like that lens has some nice bokeh, too!

Behind the focus, both the transition to blur, and the OOF highlights (common bokeh) are very nice. In front of the focus, it's sometimes a little odd and I'm not sure of a name to give it or really how to describe it, just a bit different, odd. I might even grow to like it, or maybe not!

I haven't examined that lens too closely so far, but it is on my list. You are saying it zooms internally, meaning it doesn't extend when zooming?

Correct. It's just a compact bundle of fun that stays compact when both zooming and focussing. The included hood  extends the length by about 70%  but from what I've seen so far the lens coatings are very effective at resisting flare, and shooting straight into a rising sun produced no problems. The hood also fits in reversed position (for stowing) and still allows zooming (just) but MF isn't possible in this configuration. I will definitely be trying shooting without the hood soon, but the good news is the hood has already taken some knocks and stayed firm with no scars. I'm just very impressed/happy with the whole package.

-Najinsky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow