Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 21,687
Like?
Nudes in the Snow (possibly NSFW)
Feb 26, 2013

This may be NSFW if also nudity cast in bronze or cut in stone is considered offensive/against policy.

Middelheim Park, Antwerp

Anyway, what do I have to share?

Nothing special : no new gear or special techniques.

But I had come to realize that I routinely take my E-M5 on walks nowadays and that the E-5 gets used mainly for more specific occasions.

For that reason only, when it started to snow again last Sunday, I decided that I should take my F2 lenses (35-100 on E-5 and 150 on E-3) with me on my walk to the Middelheim open air sculpture museum, just to remind myself of the joy of just going outdoors and using that great Olympus gear.

I spent three extremely enjoyable hours in the cold, capturing views and details of statues and figuring out ways to connect the sculptures in a narrative way, with the use of more or less DOF.

No breaking news, just a reminder of how much sheer fun photography can be.

Because of the experiments in DOF and perspectivesand the desire to show variations and transitions, the gallery became pretty big:

http://roelh.zenfolio.com/p536969588

Here are a few samples (much reduced in file size, and I have noticed that DPR does not do images embedded from elsewhere a big favour).  If you want to see the images with more fine detail and as large as your monitor will allow, I recommend using the slideshow option of the gallery.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow