Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,659
Like?
Re: Sony's New NEX 3N Question !
In reply to parallaxproblem, Feb 26, 2013

parallaxproblem wrote:

spacemn wrote:

I think its a good way to get the 1650PZ and the build looks fantastic. The NEX-6 looks cheap in comparison. 3N is metal body and compact. Gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut7RnW2KUvs

Metal Body? Unlikely!

NEX 5R only has a bit of magnesium which is used for the front panel the of camera, the top plate and rear panel are both polycarbonate (a downgrade on both Nex 5N in which top plate was metal in addition to front panel and the original NEX 5 in which the front half of the top plate was metal). The Nex 6 only has metal on the top plate with the rest being polycarbonate

I heard (and read) the review you link to and think they have made a mistake there. A lot of people on this forum also seem to think their NEX 5R's and 6's are metal bodied, but they are wrong! From what I can see, Sony are trying to reduce manufacturing costs and material quality on the NEX series bodies and lenses (which also seem to be losing their metal shells on the latest models), not increase them!

PS. Very surprised that Apps are not included on this camera as I thought that setting-up an 'Ecosystem' (like on iPhones, Android, Ebook readers etc) was Sony's new marketing strategy.  I guess there's some pretty heavy politics and 'turf wars' going on within Sony at the moment concerning NEX - and we are unlikely to be the winners

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow