Whale watching with an OMD

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave rogers
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Re: Whale watching with an OMD
In reply to kevinparis, Feb 26, 2013

Nice shots! I'd say you're a pretty brave man taking the 75mm out on a boat! I'd have left that one at home. Boats move, cameras swing from straps. Hands are busy holding onto things other than the camera - there's a good chance of a bump here and there! All's well that ends well, and that's why God made insurance, right?

Might be a good idea to wipe down all your gear. You likely have salt deposits everywhere, even if you can't see them. So a good thorough wipe down is probably a good idea, especially on the mounts for the body and the lenses. Someone probably has a better way of doing it, but a clean lint-free cloth and some isopropyl alcohol (though I'd probably not use that on the touch screen), should do the truck. Pull the rubber pad and do the grip contacts too. That stuff gets everywhere.

You may never have a problem, but this is 22 years of Navy experience. Salt will kill electronics.

Nice shots though. Must have been a unique experience.

dave rogers's gear list:dave rogers's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-30 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow