A rumor

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,746Gear list
Like?
Sony and I can't get in-sync
In reply to cosmonaut, Feb 26, 2013

cosmonaut wrote:

I read something in a forum a few days ago and it stated the Sony had agreed with Nikon not to use the 36 megapixel sensor in any of their cameras for a year. Has anyone else read this and should we be looking for another full frame this year from Sony?

The A900 & A850 were mssing a proper LV function, otherwise I would be a Sony user by now (in addition to my Canon/Nikon cameras) because I have coveted the CZ 24-70 for years. With my eyesight, LV is essential for a good portion of my application.

Last year, Canon released the EF 24-70L II and this is a truly awesome lens. It has cooled my desire for the CZ 24-70 somewhat though one can't have too many 24-70s.

Now that 36 MP is the new zenith and I am a D800E owner, I see no reason to fall backward. The new 70-400 is intriguing and renewing my interest in an A mount lens. I do not really care about the mirror design as long as the IQ is there at base ISO through 1600 (including 30+ resolution and presuming proper LV functionality - it has to be "proper" for video right?). The only question remaining is if and when will this happen. The Sony rumor site is no help.

Therefore, I find myself out of sync with Sony once again. At one point, Sony had the resolution and the lens, but not a key feature. Now they have the key feature and a new lens, but not the resolution.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow