D600 and the Tamron 24-70 F2.8

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,288
Like?
Re: D600 and the Tamron 24-70 F2.8
In reply to Chris J Newman, Feb 26, 2013

Chris J Newman wrote:

Thanks Daniel for the link to the correction procedure, which i was not aware of, but I guess that would make a linear change, which might not help me much.

It actually changes the point the aperture starts moving...once it starts moving, it moves the same amount amount.  It is very touchy to adjust though...just a small change makes a big difference.  It took me 4 trial and error attempts to get it right.  I actually had it pretty close the first time but then I tried to tweak it further and made it worse.  I was surprised to see the front electronics assembly held together with a plastic ring and was nervous that I might strip one of those tiny screws out of the plastic.  I'm glad I did it though.

I agree on the lens cap.  It is more difficult to get to clip correctly and I've had it pop out.

I like how close you can focus with the it.

As far as the onion bokeh, it takes special conditions to make it appear (small out of focus points of light, for example) and it isn't worse than some other zooms, like the Nikon 24-120, though the Nikon 24-70 doesn't suffer from it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow