Which lens for a D3S? ... 24-70, 24-120, 28-300?

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmseb
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Which lens for a D3S? ... 24-70, 24-120, 28-300?
Feb 26, 2013

Hi Guys,

Since I got a second hand D3S, I am facing a very big dilemma ... which lens to buy?

I have a 50mm/1.8, and I did sell the 18-200 that I used for my D300.

I am not the kind traveling with several lenses (except this small 50mm), so I would like one single one. Today, I am hesitating between the following Nikon ones:

- 24-70 / f2.8 -> no doubt it is excellent, but price and (too) short zoom are real constraints to me. If the 2 following ones were to be disappointing, then I may make the effort for this one.

- 24-120 / f4 -> price and zoom range are fine to me, but what about the picture quality/sharpness? ... i was expecting excellent feedback on this one, but in the end, ppl are not as enthusiastic as I expected.

- 28-300 -> very good price, zoom range is tempted although may be too large. press feedback is usually very good on this one, but I am wondering about the pic quality/sharpness. Should I pay more to get something which would provide better results on a D3S?

I visited many shops in Singapore to collect opinions, and in the end, I got many contradicting advice.

So I am coming back to the ground users ... any opinion to share on this?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow