How large an image on computer scxreen?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
Re: How large an image on computer scxreen?
In reply to krugman, Feb 26, 2013

krugman wrote:

If I did know the megapixels of the resolution of the MBP, how would that translate into inches as expressed in my questions?

Although Trekkeruss has given you an answer of sorts it is basically meaningless. You can't apply a measurement in inches that will have an real meaning in relation to a digital image on computer. Just because the supposed size when viewed on your monitor is equal to 40x30 inches that doesn't tell you anything meaningful. Look at it on a different monitor with a greater or lesser pixel density and the supposed size would be different and neither would have any real world meaning.

I think you might get more useful information if you explain why you want to know the size in inches for a digital file. What is it you are trying to achieve?

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow