Would you use the x100s for a wedding?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,311
Like?
Re: Would you use the x100s for a wedding?
In reply to Mr Sincere, Feb 26, 2013

Mr Sincere wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Nobody viewing the photos ever says 'They're beautiful! But was the camera attractive?'

Of course not. I was merely talking about how people react while you're taking the photos, and the way people react to you of course contributes to your final results.

Having an imposing presence with a big fancy camera can be either a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on how you want folks to react. If you prize relaxed candids, like I do, then the more discreet camera like the x100 is of course far superior.

But speaking from experience, if you need people to "fall in line" for more formal shots, it can be a bit of a pain when folks don't immediately take you as seriously. But I'm sure it's a non-factor for a seasoned professional who already knows how to heard the cats at a wedding.

Points taken. If the guests have had a couple of drinks and don't recognize a compact camera as that of someone taking serious photos, they may be less likely to cooperate, thinking 'oh this is just some schmuck from the other side of the family I don't know pestering me to be in a photo.'

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow