shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you tried the evf on the nex7?
In reply to love_them_all, Feb 26, 2013

love_them_all wrote:

Timmbits wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

If you rule out the fuji and the ricoh, I think that leaves you with only a nex or an aging m8
for your rf glass, no?

As far as xpro mf is concerned, I would expect they'll integrate the vf magnifier (probably sufficient for me as I've focused through the well magnified but tiny vf of a leica iii for years).

I'm more concerned with how well they'll implement peaking and how quickly they'll roll out an adapter. It seems like they'll lose out on lens sales if they make the adapter available from the onset, as the af seems to be similar to the x100.

Sorry to bud in here... I stumbled on this thread looking for information about compatibility with older Fuji lenses.

Has the XE1 been considered by the OP? It's viewfinder will be much brighter, as it's not an optical one. Have you checked if any of these models have a diopter adjustment on the viewfinder? (this is on my Samsung NX20 and is a welcome feature for those wearing glasses - I'm guessing that a very bright AMOLED screen that can tilt in all directions may be a welcome feature in your case)

I bought the XE1 and never looked back. This body is near perfect for legacy RF lenses. I have 4 m mount lenses and they work beautifully in manual focus mode. The EVF is always a back up option for me on the XE1 because of the slight lag in lower light but bearable up to the short tele lenses.

There will be a new generation of FUJI X and SONY NEX coming out this year so it will be a win win for the OP. He can either get a better EVF (assumed with the new gen), or get the X pro 1 at a discount if he choose to go that way.

The beauty of using legacy lenses with mirrorless is you can switch mount in a heart beat without worries. I use both Fuji and NEX side by side now, with the same group of lenses pretty much.

PS - OP, if you use AF Fuji won't you solve that problem? I used to wear glasses but I always got 95%-100% of the framing I want via the viewfinder even if I can't see the entire frame all the time. All I need is point the AF point at the subject in framing should be almost automatic.

Holy necro! I picked up an X-Pro 1 last week. I love: the handling (aside from no film advance lever which evidently I use to hold the camera), the build, the looks (for the most part), but as I mentioned firstly, the OVF is crap and doesn't work at all for focusing. I don't think Fuji will implement manual focusing aids in the OVF (I don't care about an EVF with aids - that is mandatory), so the OVF will likely remain an academic spec for me.

I will not use Fuji lenses unless there is one that fits a certain FL that isn't available in staid mounts. I use 105/2,5 Nikkor in LTM, 35/2 Canon in LTM, and 35/2 Zeiss in LTM. When Fuji can put out a slightly higher resolution camera, I may replace my Nikon setup (macro for studio work) as the EVF's WSIWYG is better than on the D800 (which is my work camera).

Till then, the FUji is just a fun smaller, more ergonomic camera to take around with me.

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow