How can I improve my landscape photos

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
bofo777
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I improve my landscape photos
In reply to dj1, Feb 26, 2013

dj1 wrote:

I never been happy with my landscape photos. They always look over or under processed or just shot incorrectly. I am looking for suggestions on how to minimize my shooting errors and what I should try in Lightroom. I took some photos in mid morning of a water fall and canyons. Sun created bright areas and also strong shade. I tried a number of settings wide open down to about f11. I tried over exposing and also under. I tried making corrections in Lightroom and the attached photos are about the best I can get. I shoot in raw, set the camera to aperture, auto ISO, Auto WB and matrix metering. What should I have done to overcome the sun/shadow issue or is there something I could have done to take advantage of it?

Actually your E-5 was right on just needed a little pp with more emphasis of water fall in #1 and seeing the texture of cliffs on #2.....

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow