Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thephased
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
keep new NEX-F3? or wait for the NEX-3N
Feb 26, 2013

Just purchased an NEX-F3 w/ 18-55mm lens and 16mm 2.8 lens for $499 at Best Buy. Camera seems to do well in low light and is a good deal smaller than my Nikon D7000 and lenses.

I probably wouldn't have bought it if the 16mm 2.8 lens didn't come with it for that price. I've heard it isn't a great lens, but is decent. I have yet to test it out, but some low light indoor pictures on the 18-55mm turned out pretty good.

The question is whether I should have waited for the NEX-3N to come out. I've read the preview up on the main page in comparison to the NEX-F3, but I'm not sure the smaller size, and arguably better kit lens on the NEX-3N is worth it over giving up the much better LCD screen resolution and accessory port on the NEX-F3.

What do you folks think?

Does anyone know if the build quality on the NEX-3N is any better? I'm pretty set on the ~$500 or less price point for this type of camera as my D7000 fills most of my needs.

Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow