Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,754
Like?
(Somewhat) new take on a full moon - RX100
Feb 26, 2013

So today was a full moon here in WI today and I've been out messing around the past two nights taking pictures.  For those that know, taking pictures of a full moon isn't exactly easy.  Most of the time you see a full moon pic it's just the moon and someone is using a really powerful zoom and they essentially underexpose the image significantly because aiming your camera at the moon is almost like aiming your camera at the sun, the full moon is that bright that unless you underexpose (or expose manually to your liking), you'll get a glowing blob with no definition.

So I'm out tonight taking pictures, messing around with 100% zoom, using extended optical zoom & clear image zoom, etc... and I'm just not getting what I want.  My foreground, the lighthouse is too dark whenever I expose the moon like I want it.  So I say screw it, I'm going to run some long exposures and see what happens.

This is straight out of the camera jpeg.  Actually, it's 10MP because I had set the camera to 10MP to play around with the extended zoom.  I thought this picture turned out pretty sweet.

Thoughts?  CC welcome.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow