Minolta Colors, 28-75 2.8?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clyde Thomas
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
Re: Minolta Colors, 28-75 2.8?
In reply to DavieK, Feb 26, 2013

Hi David. That's really interesting... their reasoning of "impossible". I just don't know what to say about that... other than, the "impossible" may not be a physical issue, but rather a contractual issue. Were this Tammy/KM/SAM lens able to focus in the proper Alpha direction, then it would pose a greater threat to the higher end lenses. Personally, I find it "impossible" to accept a physical constraint as a real answer.

I remember when Tamron and Tokina both offered two versions of some lenses that focused properly for Pentax/Nikon, and also Alpha/Canon/Leica/Contax/Olympus. What could there possibly be in it other than shifting a gear and milling a proper helicoid? Well, it would cause guys like me not to purchase it in favor of the Mino G or ZA premiums. I can't have one lens which doesn't act like all the others. I'm a simple linear guy, and I always manual focus.

Oh well, thanks for that answer though. It's the first time I've ever had anyone offer up some reasoning.  I totally believe that's what they told you.  I totally believe they denied any cooperation.  Corporate ridiculocity at its finest.

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow