Canon Pro9500 output on Canon Platinum paper not even close to correct. What am I doing wrong?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoundVu
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Re: Canon Pro9500 output on Canon Platinum paper not even close to correct. What am I doing wrong?
In reply to bobh121, Feb 26, 2013

I have a color checker card somewhere and that may make sense for fine tuning but using the OEM ink-paper-profile combination should get me close to start... but it doesn't.  I tried downloading the printer test files as suggested by Bobh121 and I'm having the same exact problem.  I should add that I regularly calibrate my monitor with eye-1 and have a fresh set of cartridges.  I took a snapshot of the printed output and put it next to what I see on the screen in comparison.  The snapshot is exactly right but it gives an idea of just how far off the mark things are.

Last time I did much printing , I was using OSX Snow Leopard  and CS5. My colors were excellent.  I'm wondering if using Mountain Lion and CS6 may enter into this equation.

Left side input. Right side  - photo of output.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow