Should I buy the LX7?

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
SwatOx
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I buy the LX7?
In reply to LakesGeek, Feb 26, 2013

I have the LX7 and it is nearly always in my pocket. It even fits in my trouser pocket. It takes extraordinarily sharp photos, beginning at 1.8. It would be great for Lake District photos -- a place I've visited two or three times. It can shoot both RAW & Jpg as you know... It really is a little beast.

As far as retraction time, I just timed mine: 1 second!

A couple of additions. As you know, the camera doesn't come with an EVF, and to purchase an electronic one is prohibitive. I have the superb ClearViewer, which does a great job on sunny days (which, of course, you seldom have!) and costs $40+ for the better of the two offered. The website is www.clearviewer.com

The other addition which I like is the retractable lens cap. It is $14 in the US

http://www.amazon.com/RainbowImaging-Self-Retaining-Panasonic-DMC-LX-7-D-Lux6/dp/B009LQJ7XA

It is a convenience more than anything, because the camera won't properly open if the lens cap is on. Of the two, the ClearViewer is more valuable.

Good luck! I think you'll like the IQ and versatility of the LX7. One of the settings is 16:9, so great for wide shots....

Hans

SwatOx's gear list:SwatOx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow