Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnbachel
Regular MemberPosts: 403Gear list
Like?
D7000 Temporarily Bricked
Feb 25, 2013

I bought a D7000 in January, and love the way it performs, along with the images I get with it.  I took it to Boston to take pictures of my new grandson, and got one day's worth.  When I returned home to download pictures to my computer for processing, the camera lcd went blank when I turned the camera on (it wasn't connected to the computer at that point).  I could find no way to get it to fire up, and wound up taking the SD card out, and importing the pictures from the SD slot in my computer.

The camera continued to show no signs of life for several days.  We returned home after a week in Boston, and once at home, I took another look. When I turned it on, I  noted that an E showed on the LCD.  Then I shut off the camera and switched it on again.  Since then (three or four days), the camera has worked perfectly, with no sign of an E again.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.  If I send it to Nikon, I'll be sending them a camera that works, with a written description of a problem that I can't reproduce.  I'm guessing I should keep it to see if the problem recurs.

Has anyone seen behavior like this from a D7000?  Any ideas as to what may have caused the problem?  Could a bad memory card cause this?

I'm stumped.  Any advice?

johnbachel's gear list:johnbachel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow