G1X used to shoot Canon Asia advertising campaign.

Started Feb 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
chillgreg
Contributing MemberPosts: 958Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X CONVERT....THANKS TO THIS FORUM
In reply to John Crawley, Feb 25, 2013

Low and behold you guys are RIGHT!!!!!

I returned the camera to the shop where I purchased it and told them the problems I have been having with the camera. Everyone there scratched their heads and finally a few guys took the camera and made some shots with it —some good some not so good— but the theme of their discovery was that the camera was not acting the way in which it was supposed to. (Why Canon couldn't figure this out is news to me????)

It seems that the G1X was not holding focus for some reason. You'd set focus in lower light and it would instantly drift off.  (THAT IS A PROBLEM!)  They gave me a new G1X and IT IS JUST WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN SAYING. WONDERFUL!

Finally, I now have the G1X that is operating like the promise I had hoped for.  Sharp, clear pictures and even in lower light, marvelous quality. And the raw output is fab. Special thanks to Benny and James at the camera shop for taking the time to work with me through this problem.Street photography is alive and well again!

Again,thanks to all for not condemning me as a troll.  BUT I was having serious problems with the camera. Now I can see it as a great shooting box, the way you all described it. If only I could get all those blurry pictures back!!!!

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

Very pleased for you John. It's a magic little camera.

Greg

chillgreg's gear list:chillgreg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow