Can someone suggest a good birding/wildlife setup?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Texchappy
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Can someone suggest a good birding/wildlife setup?
Feb 25, 2013

I currently have a Fuji X Pro 1 with the three original lenses (18,35,60) and I love it for a lot of the photography I do.  However, for the foreseeable future, 200mm is the longest lens available and the AF (though improved) is not fast enough for Birds IMHO.  I have tried the adapted lens route with my old manual Nikon lenses but my eyes and hands aren't fast enough.

So I'm thinking about going back to a DSLR for Bird and other wildlife photography (as well as sports when my younger boy gets just a bit older).  What would you recommend as a good set up for that?

I have virtually no legacy gear (aside from the Nikons that are Pre-ai out of my F2 bag) so system/brand is not a consideration.  With weight being an issue for me now, I tried an OLY OM-D when they first came out but returned it defective.  If M4/3 could fit the bill I'm open to it as well.

Texchappy's gear list:Texchappy's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow