Does it make economic sense any more to print your own photos?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Julian
Regular MemberPosts: 482
Like?
Re: Does it make economic sense any more to print your own photos?
In reply to Julian, Feb 25, 2013

Thanks everyone for your replies and an interesting discussion.

The lab I use are actually located in the next city to where I live, but shipping seems to take 24 hours every time and their results to my eyes are pro-standard. I have a Dell Ultrasharp monitor that was factory calibrated by Dell to the adobe standard - and so it seems to match what the lab are sending me back as output very accurately to my eyes. Yet to be dissappointed. I printed out a canvas from one of my landscape efforts too something I couldn't possibly achieve with the hp - although that was a bit pricier - definitely worth the extra.

I guess the type of printing I do from home printing does not add up for the printer as many of you have said - and so I may save myself some shelfspace - and send my old hp to the local tip - with a warning label on it for anyone picking it up thinking a free working printer is a good deal...

Its a shame really as I'm 100% sure that there is a price point that I would be willing to print regularly at home from - but its about where the prices stood 5 years ago.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow