Is Canon's Digital Photo Professional really that terrible on the Mac? (I think yes)

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
anat New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Bad installation is not the same as poor software

I have one of the most powerful versions of 15' MBPr. First installation of DPP turned success, then I decided to change the language. I removed the previous version and reinstalled. It worked but it didn't get updated to the newest last version from the web site. I didn't find solution to it yet and stopped doing it as the biggest problem turned that Canon DPP doesn't support retina resolution and pictures look like on the ordinary monitor. I can't imagine that such leading company didn't update their most important program to new retina resolution standards as long as the past year. Shame on Canon. I installed a trial version of LR 4. Now retina resolution and quality shines. But I hate LR with each cell of my body. I hate its overcomplicated library and cataloguing. I don't need them at all but unfortunately they dominate in LR. My pictures appear where I don't want them to appear and they don't appear where I want them to appear. My 25mb raw files turn into 950kb jpegs instead of 5-6mb like it was in DPP even after some light cropping. There are no good web tutorials to LR. I don't like and understand what Julliene Kost says. I'd prefer to stay with DPP with its good systematic simplicity and nice features. But as I said with retina there's no use of it. Does any one knows if or when Canon plans to make their next step to retina?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow