D300s vs D7100 - is it about spec or is it about handling?

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
yray
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?
Re: D300s vs D7100 - is it about spec or is it about handling?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Feb 25, 2013

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Kris in CT wrote:

For me the D300 is an amazing camera and the only reason I would like to upgrade is high iso performance. I'm always shooting in crappy weather. If I could shoot at 1600-3200 with much lower noise levels I could consistently have higher shutter speeds, imperative for BIF with a slow consumer lens.

That's the bottom line for most of us that want a d400. We need better high ISO and DR. That's about it. I'd have been ecstatic if they'd have put the d5100 sensor into a d300 body.

There are people that don't understand that and then there are the folks that understand it but don't want to see us get what we want, for whatever reason folks do those kinds of things.

I have pushed the D300 to 1600 with a little ETTR on stationary birds with some success..

You've done very well with that combo.

This shot of the hawk, which looks like it might be a Red Tailed Hawk to me, is excellent, as is the shot of the Osprey with the fish.

I've crawled on the ground to get 10 feet away from a wild hawk and shot wide open

I've stalked Ospreys for weeks to get this shot..

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

This particular shot is just beautiful, colors, bokeh, everything. Well done!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow