Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Re: P7700 with Circular Polarizer
In reply to Nikonworks, Feb 25, 2013

Nikonworks wrote:

Norman B wrote:

Nikonworks wrote:

Norman B wrote:

Nice to see the difference between the low and the high setting but I think a pic without the CPL would complete the comparison.

Good point but there is minimal difference between my CP at 'low' and off the camera, reflection wise (no exposure setting wise), at least how I see it.

I was on vacation thinking of you all for the moment, that is why I took the above shots.

Norman B wrote:

I think it is a good idea to try different strengths of polarization. Full strength may darken the sky but it seams to darken the rest of the image to the point of looking underexposed in some cases. That's just my opinion. It really comes down to personal choice.

I judge the different strengths of polarization on my LCD as I am taking the picture.

I don't need to nor have time to shoot all the varables mainly because I shoot what looks good to me on the LCD.

There is no sky in my photos.

My post re darkening etc was in general terms so I hope you don't think I was specifically referring to your pics.  Your post is rather timely for me as a cpl is on my wish list so I thank you for your post.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow