Is Canon's Digital Photo Professional really that terrible on the Mac? (I think yes)

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
anat
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Is Canon's Digital Photo Professional really that terrible on the Mac? (I think yes)
In reply to rndman, Feb 25, 2013

I have one of the most powerful versions of 15' MBPr. First installation of DPP turned success, then I decided to change the language. I removed the previous version and reinstalled. It worked but it didn't get updated to the newest last version from the web site. I didn't find solution to it yet and stopped doing it as  the biggest problem turned that Canon DPP doesn't support retina resolution and pictures look like on the ordinary monitor. I can't imagine that such leading company didn't update their most important program to new retina resolution standards as long as the past year. Shame on Canon. I installed a trial version of LR 4. Now retina resolution and quality shines. But I hate LR with each cell of my body. I hate its overcomplicated library and cataloguing. I don't need them at all but unfortunately they dominate in LR. My pictures appear where I don't want them to appear and they don't appear where I want them to appear. My 25mb raw files turn into 950kb jpegs instead of 5-6mb like it was in DPP even after some light cropping. There are no good web tutorials to LR. I don't like and understand what Julliene Kost says. I'd prefer to stay with DPP with its good systematic simplicity and nice features. But as I said with retina there's no use of it. Does any one knows if or when Canon plans to make their next step to retina?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow