First Pics with New 7D

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
yycPhotog
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: You will love the 100-400L!
In reply to Wyville, Feb 25, 2013

Wyville wrote:

Nice shots (considering the lens), but you will love the 100-400L. It now resides on my 7D almost permanently and I have so much fun going out and trying to find new bird species I haven't yet photographed.

For the coming season I have a lot of plans to improve my skills and bought a monopod and tilt head to improve my keeper rate. I don't find the weight much of a problem, but after walking around for an hour or so, my hands get a bit less steady (although last time the freezing cold might have been a contributing factor ).

Hope you will enjoy the lens just as much!

Thank you! Seeing as you have used the 100-400 L lens, is there a 'sweet spot', that is, say, f8 or other that keeps the majority of the bird in a sharp focus? I know light will be a limiting factor at times, but it seems like most lenses have an aperture value that really makes the images pop. Do you find this is the case with the 100-400 L, especially at say 400 mm, or does this lens perform well at all aperture values? Mainly concerned when it comes to photographing birds.

yycPhotog's gear list:yycPhotog's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow