Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
JBrian
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: Question to Adam
In reply to tinpusher, Feb 25, 2013

tinpusher wrote:

ryder78 wrote:

For those who have contemplated between the Fuji X10/X20 or X100 but later ended up with the G1X, I would like to hear your thoughts.

I have the X10 and X100 and the G1X.

The X10 is a wonderful small camera and with the orb-less sensor is very good. I'm hoping that the X20 will offer more resolution but currently there is no evidence that it will. I can recommend an X10 unreservedly.

The X100 is another beautiful camera that's a delight to use. The lens is overrated and requires stopping down to f4 or f5.6 to acheive the best resolution. Macro is very soft unless stopped down to F8 and the lens is prone to flaring. It's a lovely thing but I'm on my third copy and I wouldn't recommend it...a used Leica X1 produces better results wide open.

The G1X has nothing to recommend it apart from a tough Aluminium Body , cracking lens , great sensor , Digic 5 and excellent IS.

Of course the Fuji Fanboys won't believe it but IMO it's a better buy than the X100.

Autofocus speed has never been an issue and action panning shots using the OVF aren't difficult.

Thanks Adam, ryder and tinpusher!

Great feedback from people who own the G1X other similar/not so similar cams.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow