Istanbul Street Candid Photography with my Pentax K-5 - C&C welcome

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: Istanbul Street Candid Photography with my Pentax K-5 - C&C welcome
In reply to Ivar Dahl Larsen, Feb 25, 2013

Hi Ivar,

I see your point and you thank you for sharing it. I have no narrative intention at all in this series. It's more like a collection of lonelinesses. My idea is to reach a certain truth, and "catch" the intimacy of people as they are walking their way lost in their thoughts, in their bubble. I'm drawn toward specific faces/attitudes and in a way I see this work as a self portrait. I feel there is a community of emotions/attitudes going through all these pictures and constituting a kind of backbone or background to the series, but a mistake I've made - and since corrected - was to give titles to all the pictures, and as i understand this spoilt the viewing experience for many.

All the best

Ivar Dahl Larsen wrote:

I am sorry Greg, I do not see other than technically good pictures of faces / people in the streets. I personally think that street photography should aim to tell a story, what about composition and interaction? Here you have just shown what you are capable of doing with an aperture of 8, a wide angle and snapping away without really knowing what you are doing or rather catching. You could actually have been anywhere doing that. You can of course be lucky that way, but....Just my opinion.

-- hide signature --

idl

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic
istanbulcandids.com

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow