What will happen when a D400 comes

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikon007
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Re: What will happen when a D400 comes
In reply to Canadianguy, Feb 25, 2013

I hope a D400 comes out but I have my doubts that a $2000 DX body that really only offers a bigger buffer (actual user benefit) would sell like hotcakes. There will have to be some other" got to have" bells and whistles to go with it that are brand new. If Nikon really saw a big demand for this  they would have introduced one already, its been 5yrs since the D300 came out, and they could have easily put the 16mp sensor in it a few years ago. For many the crop mode of the D800 for occasional use seems to work. The D300 is still a great camera for lower ISO  sports work.

An EVF and smaller raw files would allow a very high MP FF camera to give the best of both worlds as the EVF would give the same viewing size regardless of crop format used and the optional raw sizes would make the camera appealing to more people with different needs. An EVF may not be in the cards for Nikon But Sony will probably cover this area soon. That  type of camera could really make pro DX bodies obsolete in the future.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow