Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: Istanbul Street Candid Photography with my Pentax K-5 - C&C welcome
In reply to greg57, Feb 25, 2013

Thank you all for the comments

By the way the rest of my istanbul candids can be seen there:

istanbulcandids.com

@arpikusz

What I do first, generally, is that I batch process the pictures of a shooting session using Lightroom B&W preset number 3 and then I fine tune individually those I find worthy. It's a nice preset, quite contrasty, film like indeed, but it's still possible to get even better contrast and push the micro-contrasts (clarity) especially so because the RAW files of the K-5 (and to a lesser extent those of the OM-D E-M5 as well) are indeed very maleable thanks to their incredible dynamic range.

@Nipan_51

Well in most cases they didn't see me actually, or maybe looked at me as a strange passer-by. For candid I find it better - obviously - if the subject has not noticed me, or at least not me as a photographer.

@ KL Matt

Yes prefocused. Stopped down enough to have a deep enough enough depth of field. I remember these were shot during a sunny day, so I could have nice enough dof (f/8) and fast shutter as well. Even when the light is sparse I pump up the IS in order to be able to keep on zone focusing. Anyway I like a bit a grain for street photography.

@ Kriztian

I'm pretty sure none of them have seen me indeed. Wide angle, fast speed, walking past in a blur. Never taking the camera to my eye. Basically they saw this guy passing by fast with something and his hand and... oh wait... did he just?... naaaa...

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic
istanbulcandids.com

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow