NEED SOME HELP WITH LENS SELECTION

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,245Gear list
Like?
Re: Secret Handshake quircks
In reply to Ed at Ridersite, Feb 25, 2013

If you actually ever used this lens, you must have had a bad copy. Mine is tack sharp wide open throughout the range. No zoom creep what so ever. No focusing issues. Minimum focus is 1.5 meters - not good, but not what you say. Weight is 750g, not light, but not as heavy as the Ziess 24-70mm.

Mine must have been bad then. Yet there are other reports of hazing wide open elsewhere, including Kurt Munger. The lens barrel is super heavy, metal. It's not hard to imagine, that the average copy out there will extends on its own while hanging the camera down your neck or down a sling. I've walked around with it a few times, and it was so darn uncomfortable.

Focus distance is worse than 1.5 when zooming in. I have two other heavy uncomfortable lenses of the same era, the BC and BBC. My shelf is full of metal lenses 28-80 as well. 50/1.7....

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow