Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DOUSMAN
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Which lens to buy for a cruise
Feb 25, 2013

Hello, I'm not really new here. I've been a member since 2007 but was inactive for a while so my account has been disabled. In any case I'm back

I'm going on a cruise with the Oasis of the Seas (Western Caribbean) in March and I have a chance to buy a new lens and I'm choosing between EF 70-200 f/2.8 L II IS USM and EF 16-35 f/2.8 L II USM  I think I can use both the 16-35 and the 70-200 but only have the budget for one right now (I know the price difference is big, but I have the option of either of the two).

I'm planning to bring my 5d2 and 24-105 f/4 L as my all around. The 70-200 for shooting para-sailers, distant ships, islands, etc and the 16-35 for shooting in the ship. I have a 10-22 for my old 30D, but for obvious reasons I can't use that on my 5d2 but I love the wide angle for landscape and dramatic shots.

I've never been on a cruise before so I'm not sure what to expect. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow