glossy monitor screen versus matte?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 931Gear list
Like?
Re: glossy monitor screen versus matte?
In reply to Msongs, Feb 25, 2013

Msongs wrote:

thanks for the replies. I currently have an NEC 2490wuxi2 and want to give it some rest lol

looking at dell 2412m as it is IPS matte and 16:10 but most $$

also the viewsonic vp2365 LED IPS and matte but 16:9 2nd highest $$

now viewsonic Newsyl mentioned viewsonic vx2370 IPS matte 16:9, difference from above viewsonic appears to be no height adjustment on stand far as I can tell n maybe swivel

there are suggested profiles for the first 2 at tft central but not for the last viewsonic. don't want to have to buy a callibrator if not needed.

Msongs
batik & digital art, t shirts and more!

Hi Msongs,

The only reason to have reflections on a glossy screen is the wrong lighting source & position.  I can't say that glossy is better, don't have the experience but I have worked only on glossy and I only get a problem with reflections if there is something wrong with the available room lighting.  A quick monitor or lighting position adjustment usually takes care of that... unless in your case everything is fixed...

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow