A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Al Bond
Regular MemberPosts: 457
Like?
Re: List of Good/Bad MFT lenses
In reply to shihhan, Feb 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to produce such a comprehensive and thoughtful list of lenses.

I'm a fairly long standing M4/3 user but, even keeping an eye on new lens releases and reviews, it can be difficult to remember what is out there and how they compare!  It is a pity that you can't have "sticky" posts that stay at the top of the forum for when newbies join: yours would be a prime candidate.

Ironically, I have the opposite problem to the OP.  I recently upgraded my G1 (which I got with the 14-45 and 45-200) to a G5.  Because of the cash back offer at the time, the cheapest way of getting a G5 body was to go for the twin lens kit (14-42 and 45-150) and sell the lenses.  The 14-42 will go and had I assumed that I would sell the 45-150 as well.  But having seen how compact the 14-150 is, I may well keep it even though I do like the extra reach of the 14-200.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some serious comparison testing of these 2 lenses!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow